Why Study in Germany?
Are you planning to study abroad? Germany is one of the ideal destinations for you. Why? Because it will give you the opportunity to enjoy a unique combination of great universities and high quality of life. It has many different universities, all of which offer World-class education. Beside this, you have the golden opportunity to study at some of their best universities for free. Very low fee tuition programs are also waiting there for you. What are you planning? Do you want to study Engineering, Medicine, Architecture or Business? Yes, Germany is the place to be. But with the so many opportunities to choose from, it’s very difficult to navigate your path through the university landscape. Don’t worry, we are here to help you.
1) Reasons for choosing Germany to study: Germany is a paradise for higher education and it is becoming a magnet for international students from all over the world. Let’s explore some of the reasons for preferring this amazing country to study:
- Low/no tuition fees: From October 2014, a decision came into power which stated that all international students who are attending public university in Germany would be free from paying normal tuition fees.
- Globally recognized study programs: German universities designed their programs to meet up the most modern and scientific developments running in the world to make the students confident which will help them to face global challenges.
- Innumerable degree courses: As Germany is the paradise for education with 169 listed universities, it offers countless degree courses which are designed to suit everyone’s interest.
- Top-ranked university: In Germany, there are 169 listed universities which offer 860 study programmes. A number of the universities have constantly been ranked as the best universities of the world.
- Opportunities for student to work there: International students are permitted to work part-time up to 20 hours or 120 full days of a year, according to the law.
2) Steps to study in Germany: Are you wondering about what you need to study in Germany and are you confused by so much information? Don’t worry. We are here to show you the path.
- Find a study Program: The first and foremost duty of a student who is desiring for studying in Germany he needs to find a university and choose a study program that suits his interest.
- Meet all requirements: After choosing a university and a study program he needs to check out all the requirements.
- Learn German language: Though your program is in English, Your success depends highly on your skills in German language.
- Find resources to finance: This is the step to make sure that you have necessary finance to live and study in Germany.
- Apply: It’s the time for submitting the application after checking out all the documents for the application.
- Collect your student visa for Germany: After meeting visa requirements you need to collect your visa if you are a student from a non-EU and non-EEA country.
- Find where to live: After getting the recognition as a student of a German university and collecting your visa you must need to think of a place to stay.
- Enroll at university: If you are now thinking to enroll at your university in Germany you need to appear at administration office of your university personally and need to submit:
- Your passport that has validity
- Completed and signed Application Form
- Degree qualifications (original documents or certified copies)
- The Letter of Admission
- Your Residence or Visa Permit
- Proof of health insurance in Germany
3) List of some of the top –ranked university in Germany: Among the 169 listed universities in Germany here is the list of some of them:
4) Programmes categories:
- Bachelor Studies: After completing higher secondary level, a student becomes eligible for applying for bachelor studies.
- Master Studies: A good number of international student choose Germany to study master’s in Germany. A Master’s degree combines both research and study together.
- PhD Studies: Key impulses for innovation and progress are provided for research.
- Internships and Short-Term Programms: An excellent opportunity to work with research professors and researchers is offered by the research internships to the students.
5) Scholarship opportunity for international students in Germany: A lot of scholarship opportunity is waiting for the international students in Germany. Based on the origin of a country, The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) allows you to search for the suitable option in their database. A student whether s/he is Europeans, non-Europeans or German, s/he can study in Germany free of charge – without tuition fees. There are more than 300 public universities in Germany of which you will get the opportunity to study for free. Here is the list of some of the largest public universities where you may get a chance to study for free if you are lucky enough:
- University of Cologne
- RWTH Aachen University
- Ludwig Maximilians University Munich (LMU)
- Ruhr University Bochum
- Goethe University Frankfurt
- Technical University of Munich (TUM)
- University of Münster
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Universität Hamburg
- University of Würzburg
With the vast amount of opportunities, German top-ranked universities are waiting for a student like you. Try to utilize the opportunity and fulfill your dream. Wish you all the best.